Monday, January 03, 2005

All about me in lists of three.

Too lazy to write a real post today. So instead, you get this. Idea stolen from Celibate in the City.

3 names you go by:

1. Faye
2. Fei
3. Jie Jie (means "big sister" in Chinese)

3 screen names you have:

1. FayeMin
2. Brand New Fei
3. Unkissable

3 things you like about yourself:

1. I am a quick learner.
2. I find it easy to be happy.
3. I have confidence in my attractiveness.

3 things you hate/dislike about yourself:

1. Lack of self-discipline.
2. Procrastination.
3. Financial dependance on parents.

3 parts of your heritage:

1. Chinese
2. Chinese
3. God?

3 things that scare you:

1. Being unable to have children.
2. Having a child/spouse who is allergic to cats.
3. Guys with the "Asian Persuasion".

3 of your everyday essentials:

1. The Internet
2. A phone call from NY
3. Good rock music

3 things you're wearing right now:

1. Ear phones
2. My perma-sweater
3. 2.5 month-old disposable contact lenses.

3 of your favorite bands/artists (today):

1. Evanescence
2. Lifehouse
3. Sarah McLachlan

3 of your favorite songs at present:

1. Broken - Seether feat. Amy Lee
2. Spiderweb - No Doubt
3. Accidentally in Love - Counting Crows

Man, I had the hardest time coming up with this list! 3 really isn't long enough!

3 new things you want to try in the next 12 months:

1. Being on time for things
2. Eating more than 1 meal a day
3. Not run out of clean underwear before doing laundry.

3 things you want in a relationship (love is a given):

1. Legitimate hot, wild sex
2. Fun and laughter
3. Open communication.

2 truths and a lie: (It's up to you to figure out which are which)

1. I can sing the alphabet backwards
2. I am a virgin
3. I was a cheerleader in highschool.

3 physical things about a love interest that appeal:

1. Boyish grin
2. Sparkly eyes
3. Dark hair.

3 things you just can't do:

1. Survive a day without the Internet
2. Sleep before 2am
3. Snap my fingers

3 of your favorite hobbies:

1. Blogging
2. Napping
3. Playing games

3 things you want to do really badly right now:

1. Norm.
2. Write a really good song / screenplay.
3. Eat Nerds. The candy, sicko.

3 careers you're considering:

1. Educational psychologist
2. Musical Therapist
3. Teacher/Professor.

3 places you want to go on vacation:

1. New York
2. Venice
3. Bali

3 kids names (either boy or girl):
huh?
1. Charlotte
2. Andrew
3. Felicia (Fay-lee-see-uh)

3 things you want to do before you die:

1. Bungee jump
2. Graduate to B-Cup
3. Get famous
(Blog list of 100 things I want to do in my lifetime)

3 people who have to take this quiz now:

1. Han
2. Mama Jolley
3. You



3 prevelant thoughts of the day:

1) Made a ton of new friends today. Official "recruiter" in social group. Relieved that I am not really anti-social. New title bestowed upon me by Mandie: "Pokemon Master" because of the motto "Gotta catch 'em all!"

2) Can't wait till all friends get home tomorrow. Roommate will be back too. It's been fun having complete solitude and privacy, but I'm ready for more social interraction.

3) Listening to good music and watching good movies makes me feel a twinge of envy. I am partial to those with a sad undertone. Slow moving is fine, but intensity is essential. It exubes a certain magic which I can feel when sitting here alone in my room. I feel envy because I want to experience that same magic in my life. Also envy because I want to be able to translate those little magical feelings that I have into music just like that, or into a book or a movie - so I can enjoy them over and over again. I just wish I had the skills. I can't even vaguely describe this "magic" that I feel.

I'm not sure exactly what I wish for. To have a life like you see in the movies? Storybook? Intense? Perfectly worded? To actually feel like I do in life as the music and movies make me feel? Or to look at my own life in the way these writers did. Is such magic and beauty ficticious, an exagerration, or an accurate portrayal of life? You probably didn't follow that train of thought. I barely understand it myself. One day I will find what I'm looking for. But till then, I guess I just need to figure out which questions to ask.