Saturday, February 14, 2004

You're Invited to a Pity Party.

It's going to be a blast!!!

King Saik called me a couple of nights ago to ask what my plans were for V-Day. He and a few other single guys from the other branches in church were wanting to do something tongiht. Some girl friends and I have been trying to come up with something to do as well.

So finally after toggling with a few ideas, we came up with a solution. Pity party at my house, 6pm tonight, Malaysian time (+8 GMT)!!!

We're going to have 4-6 guys and 3-4 girls. More guys than girls? I'm pumped!

We are going to cook ourselves a nice dinner (Spagehetti, soup & garlic bread - anything we can get from the can we will) and maybe karaoke or plays games or if not, I have the Dance Revoloution game thingy on Play Station1.

I'm REALLY excited about this. It's been a while since I've just hung out with people my age and played games (ooh! I wish I didn't have to leave Taboo and Pictionary and Gestures in Hawaii!)

What's more, it feels so good to finally been on this "action" mode. Feels more like my old self. I was always planning activities, doing things. Gave me something to look forward to, I guess.

I mean, I remember I used to plan all sorts of crazy things and get excited about them. I once brought a camping stove into my office to make smores with the missionaries on the Forth of July (they're American). I made them nachos and a 7-layer chip dip even. Something you don't get easily here, since it's American and this is Malaysia.

Fun times.

Mom and Dad have been so COOL about letting me have my friends over while they're out tonight. Dad even offered to build us a fire for a barbeque or smores even. They must be glad that I'm finally doing something.

I am too. I guess my Valentine's Day won't be so pathetic after all.

Who needs a lover when you've got friends?

So, wanna come?