Monday, January 29, 2007

Babies Making Babies

Oops. Big oops.

Really reluctant to write this, but I think sometimes stupidity needs to be recorded, for posterity's sake. And so I remember to NEVER MAKE THAT MISTAKE AGAIN.

Uhm. Yeah. Turns out my cats aren't lesbian. I don't know HOW I was so oblivious and why I assumed that Red/Your Whineness was female. But well, he's not. Great.

Why didn't anyone tell me?! I took them to the vet lots when they were younger, didn't I ask? Didn't they tell me? Freaking Chinese doesn't have him/her just 他 . That's why. But John, you're in this too.

Funny, the last episode of Grey's Anatomy that I watched (love that show) was about a girl who discovered that instead of a cancer in her ovaries she had it in her testes, and the parents didn't know how to deal with it because they had raised a girl, and now told they kind of had a son all along.

I had that in mind this week as I was questioning the weird phenomenon of Red mounting my other 2 cats. Again. How could I be so stupid?

Silly, I know, but I've felt bad for having mistaken his gender, that I've kind of made it a point to apologize to him and address him as "boy" to make up for it...? Weirdo. I know.

On a more serious note, what do I do now? Pray he's sterile? 2 female cats in heat living under the same roof. It's kind of too late now too. Crap crap crap crap crap.

Remember kids: Prevention, it's the safe way to go.