Friday, January 26, 2007

Blogging stuff.

So I signed up for a "free" trial on a new web server and just pointed my domain there. I think that's what you call it. Geez. I really should actually take a proper computer class someday and get all my jargon right.

I paid 1 cent for a month. Well, my mom did. I accidentally charged it to her credit card. Heh.

Point is: this means that for the next couple of days, lots of mails will be lost in space while I hit an awkward in-between hosts stage.

And. It could be all for naught. I'm waiting for it to trickle through the DNS servers. Right now, I still can't access fayemin.com except through a proxy site. Sometimes that takes me to the old server. Sometimes, if I'm lucky to the new. I wonder if the changes in hosting would make a difference. I really don't understand how it is that China blocks my site. Now my dad's site Fastlane.info is blocked too. I Googled it and did some reading and they said something about sites being blocked for no reason: just because they fall in a range of certain IP addresses or whatever you call it. Hence me trying to switch hosts. We'll see how that works. This was suppose to be an experiment at the cost of 1 penny (thanks Mom!) and some unlucky emails.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

In the meantime, I feel like my blog has died. I know I can't access it. But I blog here and all the comments are the spam ones from forever ago which I can't be bothered to go through and delete. And on fayemin.com, all the recent comments are spam ones too and I have no way of deleting those. It's freaking annoying. Does anybody even read anymore? Did I lose all my readers? Geez.

Readers, there are. Comment, they do not.

Sad. Remember the good old days when each post would average 10 or so comments? Well. So much for that. I suppose I haven't really commented in anyone's blog for a while either so I can't be a hypocrite. I do try though. Try to look for something to say as an acknowledgment of presence - when I do have time to read. Blogging etiquette, people. Lurkers don't do bloggers any good. So here's your challenge. Make someone's day by leaving them a comment on their blog. Karma comes into play and soon you'll find that you have boosted your own readership.

Ok. Too much obsessing over blogging. Leaving this behind me. Sick of writing blog entries with no lasting significance - for no one to read.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

2/11/2010 02:33:00 PM

amended spectrum owned stamping iirobocraft ethiopias same insure ribeiro blurring shane
lolikneri havaqatsu

Posted by Anonymous Anonymous 

Post a Comment