Monday, May 02, 2005

CES Broadcast

"What we need are not short frenzied outbursts of emotion, but the steady and tranquil dedication of a lifetime" Adlai E. Stevenson.
So, I didn't go to the broadcast with everyone else, but streamed Elder Oak's talk on my computer instead. What a great speaker he is!

There were some hiccups in the streaming, so I decided to try listening to the Indonesian one for a little bit. I was so impressed with myself (so impressed that I had to boast about it on here) that I could understand what the translator was saying. Of course, the talk meant a lot more to me when I heard it again in English, but it was nice to be reminded that I speak more than one language. Hah.

I really loved Elder Nelson's talk in the CES broadcasts in February where he talked extensively about his wife and his marriage. Of course, it was perfectly timed because I was dreaming about Matthew coming to visit me at the time. His talk left so much of an impression on me that I even blogged about it. Started the whole feminist thread Education vs. Early Motherhood. Remember that?

I aslo cried during Elder Nelson's talk about his late wife this past conference and didn't connect the dots until Elder Oaks mentioned the name of Elder Nelson's wife. Apparently she died, unexpected, but peacefully, just a few days after he gave that beautiful talk in tribute to her. *sniffle* I idealize their marriage. That's what I want to have.

Anyway, I wrote a blog post in response to Elder Oaks talk. In trying to resurrect The Caf (just as everyone is trying to resurrect dating), I posted it there instead of here. So you should go read it. Right now. And write loooooong comments. Go now. Shoo!

Dating vs. Hanging Out

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

5/03/2005 07:32:00 AM

it's good to see a church official quoting a Democrat! and at a CES fireside (*gasp*). Pres. Benson must be rolling in his grave.

Posted by Blogger Traveling Mattie 

Post a Comment